Saturday, February 25, 2006

Totnes update.

I wasn't planning to post today. Wasn't even planning to write anything - not even a shopping list - till I realised I had made a mistake in my last posting. Only a small mistake and which doesn't detract from the success of the peace activist in making the Army rectruitment stall shut up and close last Tuesday.

Unless I rectify the mistake I am liable to get a very sever ear bashing for getting someone's age wrong. Not for writing that she is older than she really is but for telling everybody she was younger than she is.

Lillian Brown is not 79 but 89 and not only did she do well for a 79 year old, she did bloody marvelous for an 89 year old. I have also found out she is a 'cradle-snatcher'. Donald, her husband is only 84. He was there at the demo as well (right). Two old commies, as tough as nails.

The final picture is that of Poppy. Her of birth at Greenham.







2 Comments:

Blogger Mama Lou said...

Poppy, not the one in the picture by the way, was born at Lakenheath peace camp (families Against the Bomb) at 8.30 pm on 8th of December 1982. I am her mother if you would like some photo's of her I can forward them. I was not aware of any other Poppy being born at Greenham could you send details of her entrance into the world.
Love and light
Lou Radford

1:12 am  
Blogger les said...

Dear Lou,

The Poppy in the picture told me that she was born at Greenham so I assume she is not your daughter. Nor is she mine so I have no idea of the 'details of her entrance into the world', except being told she was born at Greenham. The previous post - Totnes is no recruitment zone - tells all I know of Poppy. The last I heard Poppy was in India.

9:19 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home